Main Quest Dialogue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Main Quest Dialogue

Post  Ardira on Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:14 am

I've taken the liberty of compiling a list of the dialogue in this mod. I think it will come in handy for people wishing to make additions to it or comment on the dialogue.

Now, this will be just the bare skeleton of the Main Quest Dialogue – 'fluff' will be still be needed, so go ahead and write some if you wish. I just figured it would be good to start with the Main Quest's dialogue.

I will add dialogue that has been decided upon in green text, and dialogue that is still open for suggestions, deletion or editing in blue text. Uncertain or undecided facts (like some names, places, time, etc.) will be in red text.

I've added 'greetings' and 'comments' to the list as well, as they are a great way for an NPC to seem alive as they change with the story progress. The NPCs' 'comments' are like the advice the Player would be given by his brothers and sisters before a contract in Oblivion (which was also a good way to get to know the characters).

The Player's interjections go hand in hand with the NPCs' dialogue, so it can be added wherever you feel it can be.

Write to your heart's content in this thread and refer to the Character List for the characters' personality and backgrounds. I'll read the posts often and update the dialogue list accordingly. Ultimately, it will be RHoS who decides what dialogue goes and what stays – I'm just gathering it all in one place for easy viewing.

PROLOGUE

Crimson Renaissance **INCOMPLETE**

Night Mother: (The Night Mother informs the Player of Sithis' anger as a result of Astrid's betrayal and demands the blood of his subjects and enemies. Tells the Player to search for Umbra Mortis in Riften. From there they will be able to rebuild the Black Hand.)

Umbra Mortis: ((Umbra Mortis is currently under the employment of Mavis Black-Briar and lives in the Bee and Barb in Riften. Used to be a member of the Black Hand before it fell.) He is willing to rejoin the Black Hand, but he has one final assassination to carry out for Black-Briar before he can join.)

Target: [target still not decided upon]

Umbra Mortis: (Umbra rejoins the Black Hand. Goes to the Dawnstar Sanctuary.)

Umbra Mortis greeting #1: (Reaction to the Player before s/he has assassinated the Target.)
Umbra Mortis greeting #2: (Reaction to the Player before s/he has assassinated the Target..)
Umbra Mortis comment: (Comment on the Player's mission.)

Crimson Renaissance: Lost Relatives **INCOMPLETE**

Umbra Mortis: (Informs the Player that he has been watching a vampire named Sinistre Valtieri because he knows of his secret lineage (descendant of Vicente Valtieri). Tells the Player to seek him out at the Winking Skeever in Solitude as he might be a possible new member of the Black Hand.)

Sinistre Valtieri: (Paranoid and even threatens to kill the Player if s/he points out his condition. After the Player explains Valtieri's family history and after he is offered to join the Dark Brotherhood, he loosens up a little, but is still suspicious of the Player.
Tasks the Player with eliminating a dunmer vampire hunter by the name of Roris, who has taken Valtieri's family amulet, and been giving him trouble. Tells the Player that Roris lives in a small camp outside the city and sleeps during the day and next to a fire as a measure against vampires.)

Roris: (Roris may have a bit of dialogue.)

Sinistre Valtieri: (Lets the player keep the amulet (or perhaps the Player should be able to persuade Valtieri to give him/her the amulet?). Willingly joins the Black Hand. Heads to the Dawnstar Sanctuary.)

Umbra Mortis greeting #1: (Reaction to the Player before s/he has spoken with Valtieri.)
Umbra Mortis greeting #2: (Reaction to the Player before s/he has spoken with Valtieri.)
Umbra Mortis comment: (Comment on dealing with Valtieri.)

Sinistre Valtieri greeting #1: (Reaction to the Player before s/he has killed Roris.)
Sinistre Valtieri greeting #2: (Reaction to the Player before s/he has killed Roris.)
Sinistre Valtieri comment: (Comment on dealing with Roris.)

Crimson Renaissance: A Sister’s Retribution **INCOMPLETE**

Umbra Mortis: (Umbra tells the Player that he has located someone who he suspects to be another possible candidate for joining the Black Hand. Points out that the description of a
woman who lives in the Markarth Warrens matches that of a former Dark Brotherhood member who was believed dead after the fall of Wayrest.)

Warren Dwellers: (Tells the Player that the woman in the Warrens is Evangeline Maria.)

Evangeline Maria: (Acts defenseless and tries to convince the Player to leave as she if 'unimportant'.
When the Player informs her that the Black Hand is rebuilding and she is requested to become a Speaker, she is flattered and admits to her past.
Tells the Player that she can't leave immediately as she had recently been raped
by a man she believes to be a Forsworn named Urach. She asks the Player to kill
him before she will rejoin the Dark Brotherhood. She tells the Player that he has
recently been thrown in Cidhna Mine, and that she has an arrangement with the
Silver-Bloods in which she 'assists' them and they assist her. She then directs the
Player to Thongvor Silver-Blood.)

Thongvor Silver-Blood: (Tells the Player that the Target has been released to act as an agent within the Forsworn. He also tells the Player that he is stationed in a small cave
near the city and is expecting to meet alone with another Silver-Blood agent.)

Urach: (A short monologue by Urach, who then attacks with a few of his fellow Forsworn.)

Evangeline Maria: (Evangeline thanks the Player and rejoins the Dark Brotherhood. Heads to the
Dawnstar Sanctuary.)

Umbra Mortis greeting #1: (Reaction to the Player before s/he has spoken with Evangeline.)
Umbra Mortis greeting #2: (Reaction to the Player before s/he has spoken with Evangeline.)
Umbra Mortis comment: (Comment on dealing with Evangeline.)

Sinistre Valtieri greeting #1: (Perhaps something about how he feels in his new family and home?)
Sinistre Valtieri greeting #2: (Perhaps something about how he feels in his new family and home?)
Sinistre Valtieri comment: (Comment on dealing with Evangeline.)

Evangeline Maria greeting #1: (Reaction to the Player before s/he has killed Urach.)
Evangeline Maria greeting #2: (Reaction to the Player before s/he has killed Urach.)
Evangeline Maria comment: (Comment on dealing with Urach.)

Crimson Renaissance (continued) **INCOMPLETE**

Umbra Mortis: (Informs the Player that he has not yet located anyone else suitable for the Black Hand.)

Umbra Mortis, Sinistre Valtieri, Evangeline Maria: (A short conversation about possible candidates
for the Black Hand, but all are unable to join (they are either dead, have joined the Penitus
Oculatus, etc.)

Deldyn Sadri: (Enters and states that she has heard of the Dark Brotherhood reforming and requests
to join the Black Hand, explaining her credentials.)

Umbra Mortis, Sinistre Valtieri, Evangeline Maria: (Have no reason to refuse Deldyn Sadri, but still
consults the Player (who can only agree).)

Umbra Mortis greeting #1: (The Black Hand is just rebuilt. Perhaps something about this?)
Umbra Mortis greeting #2: (The Black Hand is just rebuilt. Perhaps something about this?)

Sinistre Valtieri greeting #1: (The Black Hand is just rebuilt. Perhaps something about this?)
Sinistre Valtieri greeting #2: (The Black Hand is just rebuilt. Perhaps something about this?)

Evangeline Maria greeting #1: (Perhaps a comment on how she feels in her new home?)
Evangeline Maria greeting #2: (The Black Hand is just rebuilt. Perhaps something about this?)
Evangeline Maria greeting #2: (The Black Hand is just rebuilt. Perhaps something about this?)

Deldyn Sadri greeting #1: (Perhaps a proper introduction to the Player?)
Deldyn Sadri greeting #2: (The Black Hand is just rebuilt. Perhaps something about this?)
Deldyn Sadri greeting #3: (The Black Hand is just rebuilt. Perhaps something about this?)

Mephala's Awakening **INCOMPLETE**

Courier: (A few days after the Black Hand is rebuilt, a courier greets the Player and gives him/her a message from the Morag Tong, but only says it's from a 'friend' (like when the Player gets a message showing them a Word Wall).)

Morag Tong note: The Webspinner watches. [With the seal of the Morag Tong at the bottom.]

Morag Tong Agent: ((The Player awakens at a place called the Webspinner's Shrine in the Velothi Mountains (the mountain range bordering Skyrim and Morrowind.) Nothing is there save a shrine to Mephala and a Morag Tong agent.)
1:0 The agent greets the Player and gives a brief speech about the Morag Tong and the Dark Brotherhood, and then grants the Player the chance to abandon the Brotherhood and join the Tong.)
2:0 (Gives the Player a Writ of Execution ordering the assassination of Nazir. Says something. Begins to leave.
3:0 (Morag Tong agent dies.)
4:0 (Morag Tong agent says something and attacks the Player.)
5:0 (Morag Tong agent says something and leaves.)
6:0 (Morag Tong agent says something and attacks the Player.)
      I told the old man that reasoning with honorless dogs would prove futile. I guess he's gotten senile. Hopefully, he'll still have the sense to promote me when I bring him your severed head!
7:0 The agent gives the Player a writ ordering the execution of Nazir, says something and begins to leave.)
8:0 (Morag Tong agent says something and leaves.)

Player:
1:1 I'm listening...
1:2 Blasphemer! Sithis shall feast on your soul and the Dark Brotherhood shall spread like an unholy plague over Tamriel!
1:3 (Remain silent)
2:1 (Stab the agent)
2:2 (The Player refuses to assassinate Nazir.)
2:3 (The Player agrees to assassinate Nazir and betray the Dark Brotherhood.)
7:1 (Remain silent)

DARK BROTHERHOOD MAIN QUEST

Sweet Solitude **INCOMPLETE**

Umbra Mortis: (The Player informs Umbra of the events. He is shocked to hear that the Morag Tong is operating outside of Morrowind and ask the Player for guidance. The Player then calls for the meeting of the newly formed Black Hand.)

Umbra Mortis, Sinistre Valtieri, Evangeline Maria, Deldyn Sadri: (The Black Hand is divided over what course of action is to be taken. Sinistre thinks the fight should be taken directly to the Tong. Umbra and Deldyn feels the Dark Brotherhood should re-establish itself in Skyrim before such an action is taken, and Evangeline advices that the brotherhood should fortify its position in Dawnstar. With the Hand divided, they turn to the wisdom of the Player, who declares they shall rebuild their presence in Skyrim before any further action is taken. The Hand willingly bows to the Player's wisdom.

The Black Hand then turns to discussing possible locations for new sanctuaries. Sinistre suggests using an old crypt beneath Solitude that is accessible through a tunnel in Solitude's Hall of the Dead. Thus, Styrr needs to be persuaded to let the brotherhood act within Solitude.)

Styrr: (Initially refuses to permit the brotherhood to act in Solitude, and threatens to call on the guards. The Player then has the option to either bribe or intimidate him to overlook things, or leave without a fight. If the Player has a high Speech skill, they can convince him to give the brotherhood access to the crypt.

If the Player has a low Speech skill, this will fail.)

Sinistre Valtieri: (If the Speech check fails, or the Player simply leaves, they have the option to speak with Sinistre, who will tell the player that while Styrr may flat out refuse, it may be possible to blackmail Jarl Elisif in some way.)

Jarl Elisif: (The Player finds an amulet of Talos in the Jarl's quarters and threatens to inform the Thalmor that she secretly worships Talos. Elisif agrees to write a letter to Styrr, forcing him to let the brotherhood get access to the crypts beneath Solitude.)

Styrr: (Reaction to recieving the Jarl's letter.)

Sinistre Valtieri: (The Player informs Sinistre that the crypts are open to the Dark Brotherhood, and he will request that the Player visits him there. He will then make his way to the Solitude crypts.

At the empty crypts, Sinistre tells the Player that the brotherhood has the funds to be able to rebuild this Sanctuary, but that would be about the extent of the funds at the moment. He suggests the Player returns to Umbra Mortis in Dawnstar.)

Umbra Mortis: (Umbra will tell the Player that the Black Hand is close figuring out the details of another Sanctuary in Markarth, but it has not yet been fully decided. He instead tells the Player to complete a few side assassinations first.)

Umbra Mortis greeting #1: (Comment on the Morag Tong-business.)
Umbra Mortis greeting #2: (Comment on the Morag Tong-business.)

Sinistre Valtieri greeting #1: (Comment on the Morag Tong-business.)
Sinistre Valtieri greeting #2: (Comment on the Morag Tong-business.)

Evangeline Maria greeting #1: (Comment on the Morag Tong-business.)
Evangeline Maria greeting #2: (Comment on the Morag Tong-business.)

Deldyn Sadri greeting #1: (Comment on the Morag Tong-business.)
Deldyn Sadri greeting #2: (Comment on the Morag Tong-business.)
Deldyn Sadri greeting #3: (Perhaps a comment on how she feels in her new home?)

The Wrath of Sithis
**INCOMPLETE**

Umbra Mortis: (After the Player has completed a few side assassinations, they are given directions to speak with Umbra Mortis. Umbra will tell them that the plans for the next sanctuary have been sorted out, but a bigger problem has come up.
Among the initiates to the Brotherhood, there lies some feeling of unrest and rebellion. Some of the initiates have idolized Astrid and her views on the Brotherhood. Until now, it has been relatively harmless, but recently their leaderm a Dunmer named Sathis Hlaalu, has shown clear disregard for the tenets by spitting on the corpse of the Night Mother and exclaiming how he thought she was 'outdated'. Before justice could be exacted upon him, he had fled. He now seeks protection from the Penitus Oculatus (more treachery). Umbra explains that the Wrath of Sithis must be exacted upon him, and that he must also serve as an example to others. Umbra requests that his head is severed and brought back to the Dawnstar Sanctuary.)

Penitus Oculatus Agents: (Some conversations overheard by the Player.)

Penitus Oculatus Torturer, Sathis Hlaalu: (Conversation overheard by the Player.)

Sathis Hlaalu: (When the torturer is lies dead, Sathis is terrified to see the Player. He begs for forgiveness and swears he will obey the tenets, but to no avail.
The Player then has the option to decapitate him while he is bound, and the head is added to their inventory. He may also be killed by other means and his head may be looted.)

Umbra Mortis: (Upon return, Umbra praises the Player and informs them that they may now continue to build the next Sanctuary. Sathis' head is mounted on a pike in the Dawnstar Sanctuary.)

Umbra Mortis greeting #1: (Reaction to the Player before s/he has killed Sathis.)
Umbra Mortis greeting #2: (Reaction to the Player before s/he has killed Sathis.)
Umbra Mortis comment: (Comment on the Player's mission.)

Evangeline Maria greeting #1: (Comment on the mission.)
Evangeline Maria greeting #2: (Comment on the mission.)
Evangeline Maria comment: (Comment on the mission.)

Deldyn Sadri greeting #1: (Comment on the mission.)
Deldyn Sadri greeting #2: (Comment on the mission.)
Deldyn Sadri comment: (Comment on the mission.)

Last edited by Ardira on Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:30 pm; edited 10 times in total
Ardira

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Recruitment

Post  NightStalker13 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:19 pm

Just to let it be said Ardira I'm glad you arrived on the scene.  I just have reconfirmed a matter that will not be of most importance until later. The matter is of recruitment. With RHoS' consent I have made some small quests given by the Night Mother to recruit members for Dawnstar. It involved tracking down a thieving Argonian born under the sign of the shadow, get the attention of a Khajiit freelancer by stealing his contract, and earning the respect of a young, exiled dunmer mage by facing her wards.  Also RHoS said that he is fine with recruiting during or after the main quest. This leaves some room for more missions. One more feature too though! Masters and Mistresses!  At least that's what I'm calling it for now. The caretakers of the sanctuaries can be randomly encountered and recruited. For more details please PM me!
NightStalker13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Check-up

Post  NightStalker13 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:59 pm

How's the progress going Ardira? Side quests are pretty full so do you have anything you'd like help with?
NightStalker13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Main Quest Dialogue

Post  Ardira on Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:08 am

NightStalker13 wrote:How's the progress going Ardira?  Side quests are pretty full so do you have anything you'd like help with?
Not very good, actually. I asked RHoS about an issue in the story in http://sdbm.userboard.net/t15p30-main-quests, but he doesn't seem to answer...
Ardira

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RHoS

Post  NightStalker13 on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:11 am

He hasn't been around for a very long time. I'm starting to give up that he'll return.
NightStalker13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Main Quest Dialogue

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top