Main Quests

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Main Quests

Post  RightHandofSithis on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:15 am

Here is my work on the quests. I tried to be as creative as I could with them. They are not yet finished though, and I would like someone to help me finish them.

Crimson Renaissance

Upon approaching the Night Mother, the player is informed of Sithis’ anger as a result of Astrid’s, and demands the blood of his subjects and that of his enemies (refer to questline). The Night Mother tells the Listener to search for Umbra Mortis is Riften. From there, they will be able to rebuild the Black Hand. Umbra willingly leaves Maven to rejoin the Brotherhood as Speaker.

Lost Relatives (Sub quest of Crimson Renaissance)

When Umbra makes it to the Dawnstar Sanctuary he informs the player that he has been watching a vampire named Sinistre Valtieri, because he knows the secret of his lineage (being related to Vicente Valtieri). Umbra informs the player to look for him in Solitude’s Winking Skeever.

When the player approaches Sinistre, he appears rather paranoid, and even threatens to kill the player if they point out his condition. However, after explaining his family history and being offered to join the Brotherhood, he opens up a little, but still feels suspicious of the Player. He tasks the player with eliminating a dunmer vampire hunter named Roris, (Who has taken Sinistre's family amulet, whic Sinistre allows the player to keep as a reward) who has been giving him trouble and tells him that the hunter lives at a small camp outside the city and sleeps during the day and next to a fire as a measure against Vampires.

The Player has the option of killing him any way he wants, or can push him into the fire as he sleeps.

With this done, Sinistre willingly joins the DB and makes his way to the Dawnstar Sanctuary. The player returns to Umbra (Still in the Dawnstar sanctuary)

A Sister’s Retribution (Sub quest of Crimson Renaissance)

Upon bringing Sinistre in to the Brotherhood, Umbra tells the player that he has located who he suspects to be another possible candidate for the Black Had. He points out that the description of a young girl in the Markarth warrens matches that of a former DB member who was believed dead after the fall of Wayrest.
Upon entering the Warrens, the player finds out (by asking people in the warrens or by finding the woman) that the Woman is Evangeline Maria. When approached, she acts rather defenceless and tries to convince the player to leave, as she is ‘unimportant’. When the player informs her that the Black Hand is rebuilding, and she is requested to become a speaker, she is flattered and admits to her past.

However, she cannot leave for the Brotherhood immediately, as she had recently been raped by a man who she believes is a Forsworn named Urach. She asks the player to kill him before she will rejoin the DB. She tells the player that he has recently been discovered and thrown in Cidhna Mine, and that she and the Silver-Bloods have an arrangement in which she ‘assists’ them and they assist her, she then directs the player to Thongvor Silver-Blood (not Thonar, because he can become killable).

The player then approaches Thongvor, who will tell them that the Target has been released to act as an agent within the Forsworn. He also tells the player that he is stationed in a small cave near the city, and is expected to meet alone with another Silver-Blood agent.

When the player arrives at this cave, he is greeted by the Target and a few other Forsworn. After a short monologue, Urach and his Forsworn attack. When they are dead, the player returns to Evangeline and she joins the DB and makes her way to the Dawnstar Sanctuary.

Crimson Renaissance (continued)
Upon Evangeline joining and making her way to the Dawnstar Sanctuary, Umbra informs the player that he has not found another member for the Black Hand. The other members join in a short conversation about possible candidates, but all are unable to join (they are either dead, have joined the Penitus Oculatus or whatever).

Deldyn Sadri then enters and states that she has heard of the DB reforming, and requests to join the Black Hand, explaining her credentials. The black hand has no reason to refuse, but they still consult the Player (who can only agree).

The Player is then greeted a few in-game days later by a courier, who gives the player a message from the Morag Tong, but only says that it’s from a friend (Like when the player gets a message showing them a Word Wall). This starts the next phase of the mod.

Mephala’s Awakening
A few days after the Black Hand has been rebuilt, the Player is contacted by a courier who greets the player the same way as if he had a note detailing a word wall. However, he gives the player a note from the Morag Tong, reading: The Webspinner watches. With the Seal of the Morag Tong at the bottom.

The next time the player sleeps, he/she awakens at a place called Webspinner’s Shrine in the Velothi Mountains (the mountain range bordering Skyrim and Morrowind). Nothing is there, save a shrine to Mephala and a Morag Tong agent. The agent greets the player, and gives a brief speech about the Morag Tong and Dark Brotherhood, and then grants the player the chance to abandon the Brotherhood and join the Tong. The player can either respond with Remain Silent, I’m Listening or Blasphemer! Sithis shall feast on your soul and the Brotherhood shall spread like an unholy plague throughout Tamriel! Choosing the first two options makes the agent give the player a writ ordering the execution of Nazir (the player has the option to stab the MT in the back) (an example of a Morag Tong writ can be found at http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Honorable_Writ_of_Execution) while choosing the last option initiates combat.

Should the player accept the Morag Tong’s offer, they must kill Nazir. This can be done in any way fit, but the MT agent gives the player the option to bring him to the shrine, and to then trap him (like Boethia’s quest [I haven’t tried this, so don’t blame me if I’m getting this wrong]) and then kill him in a very ritualistic manner.

If the player chooses to remain loyal to the Brotherhood, they may either initiate combat, stab him in the back after ‘accepting’ the offer to kill Nazir, or beat him to submission, and force him back to the Dawnstar Sanctuary to butcher him in front of the Black Hand. After the MT agent lies dead, the Player speaks with Umbra Mortis, who gifts the player with a set of Black Hand Robes and Hood, and then continues to the next part of the Main Quest.

Dark Brotherhood Main Quest

Sweet Solitude
If the Player decides to remain loyal to the Brotherhood, they return to Umbra Mortis and inform him of events that have transpired. Umbra is shocked to hear the Morag Tong is operating outside of Morrowind, and asks the Player for guidance. The Player then calls the first meeting of the newly reforged Black Hand. In the meeting, the Black Hand is divided over what course of action should be taken. Some (Sinistre) argue that the fight should immediately be taken to the Tong. Others (Umbra and Deldyn) believe that the Brotherhood should re-establish itself in Skyrim before such action is taken, and Evangeline advises that the brotherhood should fortify its position in Dawnstar. With the Hand divided, they turn to the wisdom of the Player, who declares they shall rebuild their presence in Skyrim before any further action is taken. The Hand willing bows to the Player’s wisdom.
With this, the Hand now turns to discussing possible locations for Sanctuaries. Sinistre recommends using an old crypt beneath Solitude that is accessible through a tunnel in Solitude’s Hall of the Dead. However, the only problem facing this plan is Styrr, who would never permit the Dark Brotherhood to operate in his Hall of the Dead. Thus, Styrr needs to be persuaded to let the Brotherhood act within Solitude.

When the player talks to Styrr, he initially refuses to permit the brotherhood to act in Solitude, and he will threaten to call the guards. The player then has the option to either bribe or Intimidate him to overlook things, or leave without a fight. If the Player has a high Speech Skill, they can convince him to give the brotherhood access to the crypts. If the player has a low Speech skill, this will fail. If the Speech test fails or the player simply leaves, they have the option to speak with Sinistre, who will tell the player that while Styrr may flat out refuse, it may be possible to force him to let the Brotherhood act inside Solitude by blackmailing Jarl Elisif.

If the player opts to blackmail Elisif, they are told to search her quarters, as she may secretly worship Talos. Upon searching her quarters, an inscribed amulet to Talos is found. If the Player takes this to her, and threatens to inform the Thalmor, she will bend to the Brotherhoods whim, and write a letter to Styrr forcing him to let the Brotherhood operate from within the Hall of the Dead. When this is given to Styrr, he has no choice but to permit the Brotherhood access to the crypts beneath Solitude.

****Note, this will not have any effect as a result of the outcome of the Civil War, As the Thalmor would still be able to have Elisif abducted, or assassinated. This would still happen if the Stormcloaks won the war, as she is still an symbol of the Empire to some extent, and the Thalmor would still want her dead.

The Player then tells Sinistre that the Solitude Crypts are open to the Brotherhood, and Sinistre will request the player to visit him there. He will then make his way to the solitude crypts. When the player meets him there, the crypts are empty, with nobody there except Sinistre and the Player. Sinistre tells the player that The Brotherhood has the funds to be able to rebuild this Santuary, but that would be about the extent of the brotherhoods funds at the moment, and he advises the Player to return to Umbra at Dawnstar.
Umbra will tell the player that the Black hand is close to working out the details of another Sanctuary in Markarth, but it has not yet been fully decided. He instead tells the player to complete a few Side Assassinations before they can continue.

The Wrath of Sithis
After the player completes a few side assassinations, they are given directions to speak with Umbra Mortis. Umbra will tell them that the plans for the next sanctuary have been sorted out, but a bigger problem has come up.

Among the initiates to the Brotherhood, there lies some feeling of unrest and rebellion. Some of the initiates have idolised Astrid and her views on the Brotherhood. Until now, it has been relatively harmless. But recently, their leader, a Dunmer named Sathis Hlaalu, has shown clear disregard for the tenets by spitting on the corpse of the Night Mother and exclaiming how he thought she was ‘outdated’. Before justice could be extracted upon him, he had fled. He has now sought protection from the Penitus Oculatus (more treachery). Umbra explains that the Wrath of Sithis must be extracted upon him, and that he must also serve as an example to others. Umbra requests that his head is severed, and bought back to the Dawnstar sanctuary.

The player then travels to Dragon Bridge and breaks into the Penitus Oculatus outpost. In the outpost, there is a trap door leading to a basement. It turns out that the information regarding Sathis was slightly out. The basement turns out to be a small torture room, with Sathis in binds and being tortured by a PO agent. When the torturer lies dead, Sathis is terrified to see the player. He begs for forgiveness and swears he will obey the tenets, but to no avail. The player then has the option to decapitate him while he is bound, and the head is added to their inventory. Or he may be killed by other means and his head may be looted.

Either way, the player takes Sathis’ head back to Umbra, who praises the player, and informs them that they may now continue to build the next sanctuary. Sathis’ head is mounted on a pike in the Dawnstar Sanctuary.

Blood and Silver
After Sathis has been eliminated, umbra will inform the player that plans have been made for a sanctuary in Markarth, and tells you to speak with Evangline, who has done the most work in the area.

Evangeline informs the player that she has organised with the Silver Bloods to have a sanctuary built in the Markarth Warrens (because she has close ties to the Silver-Bloods). However, she has received disturbing reports that the Morag Tong may be trying to establish itself in the Reach, and that they need to be taken care of. The player may eliminate them any way they see fit. Meaning they can simply barge into the MT camp and take them all out.

However, Evangeline tells the player that because of her personal experience in Wayrest, where the Sanctuary was destroyed when the city was sacked, she had made some contacts with the Forsworn behind the backs of the Silver-Bloods. She sees the MT activity in the area as a way to test these contacts, and arranges the player to meet one at his camp (relatively close to the MT camp), and gives the player a false Mt note, that will lead the Forsworn to believe the MT have plans to eliminate key Forsworn leaders.

If the player chooses to manipulate the Forsworn, they go to the camp that Evangeline directs them to. The leader of the camp is unaware of who the player is at first, and threatens to attack, but when the player tells the forsworn who they are, they settle down. The player then gives the Forsworn leader the note. After reading the note, the Forsworn leader then rallies his soldiers, and they charge for the MT camp. The player may watch the forsworn destroy the MT, and even join in the fight. Or they may leave to speak with Evangeline.

When the player meets back with Evangeline at Dawnstar, she praises the player, and asks them to meet her at the location where the new DB sanctuary in Markarth will be. The player then meets Evangeline in the area proposed for the new sanctuary. It is similar to Solitude when the player first enters it, completely empty save the player and Speaker. Evangeline tells the player that she has organised with the Silver-Bloods to build the new sanctuary, and that she will take care of the rest. The player then travels back to Umbra, who will thank the player.

Kingpin
After Umbra is informed about Markarth, he tells the player that he has decided the fourth sanctuary will be placed in Riften, and he shall assume the role of Speaker for the sanctuary, leaving Deldyn as Speaker for Dawnstar. Umbra also tells the player that he had kept in contact with Maven Black-Briar, as he knew that being connected to her would pay off.

Maven has agreed to fund a sanctuary in Riften if the Brotherhood accepts a contract on a high priority smuggler, an elderly Khajiit named Ra’Basha.

Ra’Basha is not the average skooma trafficker, he commands an international crime ring that spans over The Aldmeri Dominion, Elsweyr, Cyrodiil, High Rock and Hammerfell, and is renowned for his cruelty. He has now recently moved his attention to Skyrim, to expand his sphere. He had been working on expanding into skyrim for a while, sending a few groups to attempt to set up in the area, but now, he has taken a personal interest in Skyrim, and has personally come to Skyrim to coordinate efforts.

Ra’Basha is currently living aboard his private ship, and is docked in Solitude (or in the area). His ship contains a number of sailors and guards (all Khajiit). The player may sneak abord the ship in a similar fashion to the ‘Hail Sithis’ quest. They player then makes their way to Ra’Basha’s private quarters, only to find the room almost painted with blood and Ra’Basha dying. A conversation between the Player and Ra’Basha ensues as follows (or if someone else has a better idea for a conversation, please share it)

Ra’Basha: (Cough), What!? (Cough) Who are you? (Small Coughing fit) You’re not with the one who came before (Cough)

Player: What happened here?

Ra: I’m enjoying a nice bowl of Elsweyr Fondue, idiot! What does it look like! (Cough) I suppose I should be a bit more humble, I’m not in much of a position to lord power over you. But my question still stands. Who are you?

P: I am the Listener of the Black Hand. Leader of the…

Ra: Dark Brotherhood. Yes yes, I know (cough). And I can guess why you’re here. And you’re obviously a bit late. (Small coughing fit)

P: Who did this?

Ra: Ah, hunting the hunter are we? (Cough) Well, I have nothing to hide from you. I don’t know his name, or his exact affiliation, but what I can tell you is he was a Dunmer, and he said something about meeting up with his superiors in the ‘Ratway’ in a melodramatic monologue after he did this. If you run fast as the sands, you may be able to catch him. But before you go, may I please request something?

P: That depends.

Ra: I’ve spent much of my life as a drug lord, a Kingpin. I have many enemies, all of which would have paid for my execution. I’d like you to give me the killing blow. If I’m going to die, I’d like to do so on my terms. The final insult to my various enemies.

P: So be it.

With this, the player kills Ra’Basha (he only has one point of health), and then proceeds to chase down the other assassin in the Ratway. A map marker leads the player to what will become the Riften Sanctuary. As there is no Black Door yet, the Morag Tong have access to the area, and small group of them are gathered. The Player, as they enter the sanctuary, can easily hide from them and listen to a conversation. ZIn this conversation, a Morag Tong agent is reporting success in assassinating Ra’Basha to their superior. The player has the option to either start combat immediately, or listen to the conversation. Either way, the player must eliminate the MT.

With this done, the player returns to Umbra in Dawnstar, who will again praise the player and announce that the area used by the MT will be the new Sanctuary in Riften. He then informs the player that he will organise the Riften Sanctuary. HE also tells the player that he and the other Speakers had taken the liberty to found a personal sanctuary for the player south of Windhelm in the Velothi Mountains. He also informs that in a few days, the Black hand shall meet in the Player’s new sanctuary to discuss the next moves of the Dark Brotherhood.

Decapitation Strike
During the second meeting of the Black Hand in the Listener’s sanctuary, the Black Hand discusses how to combat the Morag Tong. The Dark Brotherhood has already been interfering with Morag Tong Writs, eliminating Tong agents and contacts where possible, and a few members have attempted to infiltrate the Tong. However, it is clear that to really make a move against the tong, more direct action is needed. The Hand discusses what exactly to do. Deldyn has been doing the most intelligence activity against the Tong (while the player was establishing sanctuaries), but has only turned up some reliable information. Of the reliable information she has turned up, she announces that Ingvar Twin-Daggers has is an agent for the Morag Tong in the court of Windhelm. She believes that this evidence of a Morag Tong sanctuary in Windhelm. However, she has no solid proof of this, yet alone has any idea of where exactly it would be located (other than somewhere in the grey quarter). She suggests that searching his quarters will reveal some information on where the Tong is operating out of Windhelm. She also suggests having Ingvar ‘taken care of’. She then goes on to detail how to eliminate the sanctuary. She tells the player to sneak into the sanctuary and kill the master. The player must then search around for any information about Tong strategies/activities/locations (found on the master or in the library). Finally, she requests that the player sneaks to the sanctuaries well and poisons it. She suggests that this would best be done all without being noticed, but if it comes to it, the player may just assault the sanctuary (but that would be… unprofessional). She gives the player two bottles of a slow acting poison to poison the well. She states that one would be more than enough, but she gives the player another one, just in case.

In Ingvar’s personal quarters (in the Palace of Kings, or an inn) a letter from Bradasou Hlaalu praising the effort Ingvar has done so far in manipulating the court of Windhelm, and requests that Invar meets him in the ‘sanctuary beneath the New Gnisis Cornerclub’. There is a key to the sanctuary next to it.

To ‘take care of Invar’, the player may just kill him. Or they can tell the Jarl about Ingvars association with the Tong (and provide the evidence for it). This will result in Ingvar being immediately arrested, and his execution is carried out the following morning (if the player is outside of the Palace of Kings at the time, they may witness it). His final words in this case are “You fools. You sad sad fools. You execute me for my association with the Morag Tong. But in doing so, you directly help the Dark Brotherhood rise again. No matter. Mephala have pity on me.” These words do not change the situation. Another option is to learn that Invar has a horrible drinking problem (how unlike a Nord). The player then has the option of visiting him between 8pm and 12am, and offering him a 'drink' (one of the bottles of poison). He will gladly accept it and drink it, but comment that he must of had a bit to much to drink, as it seemed to taste a bit odd. He then makes his way to bed. A few hours later, he will die.

With Ingvar dealt with (or his execution arranged), the player then proceeds to eliminate the Morag Tong sanctuary in Windhelm. The Player may opt the stealthy method of eliminating the master, taking his intelligence and poisoning the well, or they may just barge in and slaughter everyone (they still need to take the intelligence).

When the Sanctuary has been eliminated, the player returns to Deldyn in Dawnstar to report success. Deldyn praises the player, and instructs them to meet with Umbra in the Riften Sanctuary, and give him the information found in the Windhelm sanctuary. There Umbra will take the intelligence, praise the player and proceed to tell them about the next target.

If the player decides to return to the Windhelm sanctuary for any reason, the MT members will all be found dead.

Flooded Marshland
After the assault on the Windhelm MT sanctuary, the player is told by Umbra that the intelligence points out several sanctuaries. The most interesting is Morthal, as it is home to one of the most senior MT members, short of the Grandmaster himself. However The intelligence report does not have anything to say on the location of the Grandmaster.

Umbra suggests that the player eliminates the Master in any way the player sees fit. After the player sneaks into the Morthal sanctuary, the proceed to find its Master. Without many guards in the immediate area, the player comes across a room lit with a crimson red light and elderly Dark Elf woman (covered almost entirely in shadow [if that works with the crimson color setting]) sitting on a throne in the middle of it. This turns out to be Llaala Gidran, Master of the Morthal sanctuary. Regardless of how stealthy the player is Llaala stll notices them, and gives a short, melodramatic monologue (how many am I going to put into this mod?) stating that she is a legend of the Morag Tong, and despite her age, she is still a formidable opponent. Even so, she summons the rest of her sanctuary to assist her ‘just to be safe’. With this, she gets up to fight the player, and the rest of the assassins in the sanctuary run into the room to help her. When the player kills Llaala, she utters he last words ‘Bravo. You truly are a born killer’. With this, the MT assassins that survived the fight become completely demoralised and flee.

The player then returns to Umbra, who will then praise the player (for the hundredth time).

Crimson on the river of White.

Following the destruction of the Morthal sanctuary, Umbra iforms the player that he has uncovered a major MT sanctuary in Whiterun. however, he does not know exactly where it is. As such, he advises the player to investigate the city for any clues as to its location. HE suggests the player start at the Bannered Mare.

While in Whiterun, the player may hear about a strange dark elf in the bannered mare. Some believe he is a skooma smuggler, some believe he is just minding his own business, but some think he is up to something more sinister.

When the player enters the Bannered Mare, he will overhear a conversation between a Nord, and a Dunmer in the back room of the tavern. The conversation is very vague, but the elf assures the nord that the 'business will be dealt with professionally.' At the point, the Nord leaves.

This is obviously a representative for the MT. The player now has two options. To either approach the elf, or to stalk the Nord.

If the player approaches the Elf, they will either bluntly declare themselves a DB member, or act like a customer.

If they declare their intentions, they will be forced to beat the elf into submission. This will cause the elf to direct the player to the priest of Arkay in the Hall of the Dead. The player then kills the elf.

If they act like a customer, they will be able to subtly question the elf. The dunmer will try and remain vague, refusing to name his organisation, and not telling them about its location. The player will eventually be able to probe the elf into admitting they work for the Tong, and revealing their sanctuary is in the hall of the Dead. The Elf will then bluntly ask (at this point annoyed with the player's 'curiosity') who they want dead. The player will then reply 'Your Master', casing a fight to break out between the two.

Alternatively, the player can stalk the Nord, and pickpocket them for a note, giving a strong hint that the MT operates out of the Hall of the dead.

In any case, the player makes their way to the Hall of the Dead, and speaks with the Priest of Arkay. The priest will initiall deny any involvement with the tong, but with a simple threat, they admit to their association, and grants the player access to the sanctuary.

The player then proceeds to assassinate the master. The sanctuary at this point is rather calm, nobody is expecting an attack. The sanctuary is so relaxed that the player can even disguise themselves in MT armor, and walk straight past the other members.

However, when the player enters the Masters quarters, they will see through any disguise if approached. The player is given the option to assassinate the master any way they see fit. When they are finished, they retreat from the sanctuary, and speak with the priest again.

The priest will inform the player that they have informed the guard of the MT sanctuary, and they will clean up the mess soon. He also vows never to get involved in such activities agin.

With this mission completed, the player then returns to Umbra, who will thank them and comment on their investigative abilities.

Collapse of Winterhold

Umbra now informs the player that he is close to locating the personal sanctuary of the Mrag Tong Grandmaster. However, while he is finalising his investigation, he tells the player that the last Morag Tong base is in Winterhold.

The Master of this particular sancturay spends most of his time outside of the sanctuary, in the local tavern. He has taken this stance in light of recent DB activities against the Tong, and is attempting to monitor the activities of Winterhold. Umbra advises the player that the best approach is to assassinate the Master, and find out if there is any way of neutralising the agents while not drawing their attention.

The player first seeks out the Master of the Winterhold sanctuary. His schedule revolves mostly around spending time in the inn, monitoring the Jarls Longhouse (in the shadows) and wandering the streets. The player can murder him in any of these envorments. Upon investigating his body, the player will find a note stating that the master had the only key to his sanctuary was prepared to lockdown the sanctuary in the case of any DB activity, and unlock it when it was safe. The player then has the option to lock the sancturary, thus trapping its inhabitants.

The player then reports to Umbra, who will inform the player that they cannot wait, and must proceed to assault the Grandmaster's sanctuary.

The Grand Finale

After the final Morag Tong sanctuary has been neutralised, Umbra informs the player that he has located the Grandmaster's sanctuary, and while the player was taking care of Winterhold, he held a meeting with the Black Hand. They had decided that the assault on the Grandmaster's sanctuary will be carried out in a more straightforward fashion as a demonstration of strength. The plan is that the entire Black Hand will sneak into the Grandmaster's sanctuary and meet just outside his door, while a group of assassins and mercenaries is preparing to assault the sanctuary. The only issue is that it requires the players blessing (which it receives).

Note: Nazir any of the recruitable members (see characters page) the player recruits will be part of the raiding party. If approached, they will make remarks suiting their history and personality. Ie Volandil would comment on leading battles against the Mages Guild in the third era (possible reference to Bruma?) and resurrecting corpses.

When the player arrives, the raiding party is assembled before the combined Black Hand (minus the Player). Umbra is found giving a speech to motivate the party (last strike, victory in sight, might of the brotherhood, spreading throughout Tamriel etc). This speech doesn't last long, and when it is finished, Umbra tells the player to speak with the leader of the raiding party (Volandil, or if he has not been recruited, a generic Dark Brotherhood Assassin). The Speakers then move into the sanctuary and the player instructs the leader of the aprty to wait for a while to let the Black Hand slip into the sanctuary and meet up at the Grandmasters private quarters.

The player then makes their way into the sanctuary. They sneak past the various MT members (some concerned). If the Player is detected, it prompts the battle to start, but the player must remain on track to the rest of the Black Hand. When the player reaches the rest of the Hand, Umbra will give a quick debrief (whispering) about what they will do (enter and prepare for a battle). If they player is detected, Umbra will remark on his disappointment, but will say so subtly (as he does not want to anger his superior). The Hand then proceeds to enter the Grandmaster's quarters.

When the Hand enters, they are arranged in front of the an opposing party of Morag Tong members. The players actions are controlled automatically until the fight between the Tong and the Hand starts.. A dramatic (yes, again) argument between the Grandmaster of the Tong and the Black Hand (all members saying something at some point). The player is at times placed into conversation (to complete the illusion that they have a part in this) and have a few dialogue choices. Eventually, both sides agree to stop debating, and 'get down to business'. The Grandmaster, while old, still gives a tough fight. In the end, the Grandmaster falls to the 'kneeling' position, and his defenders are killed. After a short discussion between the player and the Grandmaster, Umbra gives the player the honor of killing the Grandmaster. He gives a short prayer to Mephala with his final breath.

The Hand then has a short discussion, detailing that now the Brotherhood can finally start to rebuild itself in earnest, and that while the MT has been defeated for now, hey will return, but not for a long time after this blow dealt to them.

The hand then leaves the Grandmaster's sanctuary to find the end of the Battle, with the Survivors of the MT routing, yelling things like "The Grandmaster is dead," "Flee! Flee!"

The Black Hand now meets in the Players private sanctuary on a monthly basis to discuss topics, and the Hand receives its share of the Brotherhoods profits. The Player there can decide on official Brotherhood policy. They have the choice of the following options:

1. The Brotherhood consolidates its power in Skyrim. This increases the strength of all Dark Brotherhood followers for the month.

2. The Brotherhood focuses on expansion into the Provinces. This increases the amount of money the player receives the following month.

3. Focus on both. Both effects of the above are applied, but only to half the magnitude.

4. Open a Shadowscale training center in Black Marsh (one time only). Causes an Argonian Shadowscale to be added to one sanctuary at the end of each month (for 5 months). Each sanctuary only receives one Shadowscale (including the player).

Slight modifications to the DB
The following modifications to the Dark Brotherhood are only small tweaks to the way the Brotherhood works to make it more immersive and interesting.

1. The Dark Brotherhood Forever quests are completely changed. The same dialogue from the Night Mother can be used. However, instead of the player visiting the contact directly, they relay the information to a Speaker. They can then get contracts similar to the DB forever, however, they are a bit more challenging (but not as challenging as a non-radiant quest). The targets fight back, are defended and may be in fortified areas. They may be bandit Bosses, Warlords, Commanders for either side of the civil war, nobles etc.

2.The Night Mother is moved to a shrine the Listener's sanctuary. Her Keeper (either Cicero or a replacement) follows her.

Morag Tong Main Quest

To Serve the Webspinner

With the player proving allegiance to the Morag Tong, they are now required to partake in a ceremony to free themselves of their Dark Brotherhood bonds and swear devotion to Mephala and the Tong. The ceremony takes place in the Windhelm sanctuary with the Masters of the Tong witnesing and the Grandmaster administering the oath. (I think I will leave the oath itself to be covered under Scripts). In the oath, the player announces that they abandon Sithis, converts to the worship of Mephala and swears allegiance to the Morag Tong and to uphold its rules and traditions. Following the oath, the Grandmaster explains that as a member of the Morag Tong, the player is expected to follow the strict rules of the Tong, which includes not harming or stealing from anyone not targeted by writ. The player then can ask questions about the Tong (What it is, How old it is, How it differs from the Brotherhood etc).

The Grandmaster then tells the player to talk with Bradasou Hlaalu, who will give the player further missions. And raise their rank to Blind Thrall.

Arising from the Ruins

After the player is initiated into the Tong, Bradasou will rather bluntly express his distaste for the player. Even though the player has proven themselves loyal to the Tong, as a defector from the DB (and a former leader no less) they find that they recieve very little trust, and until they complete their first quest, they are denied even basic services.

However, Bradasou is obliged to accept the player, and as such, directs them to speak with Gordish gro-Kashug, an Orc master who is personally close to Bradasou, and is most likely to accept the player.

When the player speaks with Gordish, he receives a much heartier welcome, as Gordish himself is an outsider, but he admits, he is not as alien as the player. Gordish, however, will get down to business. He asks the player to investigate a potential sanctuary in Winterhold.

Gordish has reason to believe that the Great Collapse had hollowed out a small section beneath the village, large enough to comfortably fit an outpost of assassins. He asks the player to go to Winterhold and find any way to access this cave, and to secure the MT in the area.

When the player arrives in Winterhold, they may hear rumors of a mysterious man in black robes. He is not shown ingame at this point, but it may be worth mentioning. The players first mission, of course, is to locate the cave. The player may ask around about such a cave, and will only be directed to the Jarl.

The Jarl is well aware of the hollow section, and is in fact, worried about it. He has been assured that it is not under threat of collapse, but he knows that a mysterious group has been working around the area. He knows that if the player is interested in it, they must have something to do with the group. Or another, rival group.

The Jarl is happy to turn a blind eye to the player, so long as they can take care of the other group (which has not consulted with him). he will then tell the player how to access the cavern.

When the player enters it, they find themselves in a very uncomfortable position. They are face to face with an old friend, and his associates.

Umbra Mortis is outraged with the player. He scolds the player for his betrayal in an outburst. When the player declares the DB is without a listener, he is proven wrong. Umbra declares the Night Mother, herself more outraged than anyone else in the Brotherhood, has chosen a new listener. And that under this new leadership, the DB will return to greatness, and he will present the players head to the Night Mother on a platter. He then orders his assassins to kill the player, and leaves.

The player is now in for a tough fight. They cannot retreat out of the cave, and must kill all of Umbra's men. When this is done, the player reports back to Gordish, who himself is amazed. He is surprised the player could stand against a group of Db assassins, but is more concerned that the Brotherhood would manage to recover so quickly. He and the player then move to speak with Bradasou.

Bradasou at first accuses the player about being involved in a plot, but when Gordish explains the situation, he is deeply concerned. He then calls a meeting of the Masters of the Tong.

At this meeting, the Masters discuss how to approach the issue. Bradasou and Bredas support consolidating power in Skyrim, while Laala and Gordish want to take the fight to the Brotherhood. Gilyan remains silent. He is accused by both sides of being unable to lead, if he cannot make a judgement on such a serious issue. Gilyan then declares that the decision is in the Players hands (astounding Grodish and Bredas, and mortifying Bradasou and Laala). The player then declares they will support consolidation before bringing the fight to the Brotherhood.

Bradasou will be outraged at this. He yells at the player in disgust. At this, Gilyan reminds Bradasou who is in control, and demands he respect the players judgement. Bradasou finally agrees.

Following the meeting, Bradasou apologises to the player, knowing that if Gilyan trusts them, there must be a reason for it. As such, he now tells the player that they will be accepted more by the tong now, and raises the player in rank to Thrall.

Rigid Oath

When the player next speaks with Bradasou, he will give the player a short lecture about the traditions and rules of the Morag Tong, and specifically, that 'freelancing' (Ie, killing an innocent without permission) is an unacceptable practice in the Morag Tong. He will inform the player that to disrespect the Oath of the Morag Tong, is grounds for execution.

Apparently, some of the newer initiates to the Tong don't fully understand the depth and seriousness of these traditions. Particularly, a new recruit by the name of Arvel Ginith has been found to be freelancing, and recognising the gravity of the matter, has fled into hiding. The player is tasked with hunting him down and killing him, both to extract justice, and as a demonstration to the other newbies.

Through anonymous sources, it has been discovered that he was last seen in the town of Morthal. The player travels to Morthal, only to hear from an informant that he has moved to Dawnstar. It is noted that this is a very risky move on Arvel's part, as Dawnstar is currently the powerhouse of the Dark Brotherhood, and that he must have made the move thinking that hopefully it would cover his tracks. It will not.

When the player arrives in Dawnstar, the will witness Arvel speaking with a Ship Captain about leaving soon, and paying well. The discussion ends, and Arvel retreats into the ship's cabin and locks the door. The player can either try and pick the lock (master), or speak with the ship captain about him. If the captain is approached he will initially be reluctant, but after some persuasion (bribe, persuade or intimidate), he will reveal that Arvel is hiding from something (he doesn't know what, though), and he gives the player the key to the cabin). The player then proceeds into the cabin, and kills Arvel.
*Note that this will need to be a new ship for the mod. A basic longship is fine.*

With Arvel dead, the player hastily returns to Windhelm to report success. Bradasou promotes the player to the rank of White Thrall

The Webspinner's Door

the next time the player speaks with Bradasou following Arvel's execution, he will be informed of a plan to open another guildhall in Whiterun. The city has been scouted out, and the perfect place has been discovered beneath the city's Hall of the Dead. However, in order to safely sustain a guildhall in the Hall, it will be required to secure the loyalty of the local priest of Arkay.

When the Player arrives in Whiterun, they immediatly speak to Andurs, the priest of Arkay. When questioned, he will be outraged that an assassin (and a daedra worshiper no less) would dare speak to him, yet alone demand sanctuary.

*Note, we should create an assistant for Andurs, as it is possible for him to be killed. If Andurs has been or is killed, his second will replace him, and take his place during any associated quests (similarly for the DB side). Said replacement is essential*

At this point, the player has a few options. They can either go through the standard persuasion checks, or they can simply leave. If the persuasion check works, Andurs will permit the Tong to establish itself in the Catacombs.

If the Player simply leaves, they will come into contact with a member of the DB. Immediately, the DB agent becomes hostile, and the player is forced to kill him. On the body of the agent is a note, detailing the plans of the brotherhood regarding Whiterun. It turns out that the brotherhood has already been speaking with Andurs in an attempt to create their own sanctuary, however to no avail. Their plans are now to have him killed, and force their way into the city.

By bringing this note to Andurs, he will be shocked, not so much at the prospect of his death (being a priest of Arkay), but at the prospect that the DB will make its way into the city in any case. If the player explains the honourable nature of the Tong, and that they will protect the city from the DB, he will be forced to accept the players proposition.

The player then returns to Bradasou, who raises the player's rank to Thinker.

Mephalan Marshland
*I'm still unsure of the new lore of the Tong, and how they would be structured. So I'll continue writing with the current system we have, and fix it later.

After the Player is advanced to Thinker, Bradasou tells the player that he has been Summoned by Gilyan, the Grandmaster, and is to meet him in his quarters in the Windhelm Sanctuary.

The Player enters the quarters to find them rather under furnished (Pretty much a basic bed, closet and table with 3 chairs). Gilyan and Laala in the middle of a discussion. Laala is pretty much complaining about Bradasou being incompetent, and how his plan of consolidation has given the Brotherhood time to regroup and expand themselves. Gilyan tries to reassure her that the Plan is working, as they have built up a sizable power base to confront the Brotherhood with. Laala continues to complain. Eventually Gilyan recognises that the Player has entered the quarters. Laala mentions that she is still disappointed with the player for agreeing with Bradasou, but given their recent accomplishments, has come to respect that player.

Gilyan announces that he has called the player to firstly congratulate them on their efforts, and to introduce them to Laala. Laala has been tracking the activities of the Brotherhood, while Bradasou has been expanding the Tong. However, Laala had also been planning on her personal sanctuary (not trusting Bradasou to do it), and found that she felt right at home beneath the Fog of Hjaalmarch. However, recently, she has uncovered attempts by the Brotherhood to move into the area, and tasks the Player with clearing them out, and is instructed to start by assassinating their leader.

When the player arrives at the sanctuary, they receive a game message stating there is an overwhelming stench, and overhear a conversation by 2 DB assassins, claiming that the Speaker has still not arrived, and probably never will because of the danger in the sanctuary. The player continues to find the leader of the DB expedition in their quarters, and proceeds to eliminate them. On the leaders body they find a letter detailing the danger of the sanctuary.

The stench the Player experienced upon entering, turns out to be a highly flammable gas. Any attempt at lighting the sanctuary will cause a fatal explosion. While the Brotherhood likes living in dark, cold sanctuaries, there is a limit to how they can practically live. This gives the player the perfect change to eliminate the rest of the sanctuary, and make it safe for the MT to move into the sanctuary. The player must have on them a torch (or obtain one from morthal), and after the exit the sanctuary, they have the option of throwing the torch back into the sanctuary (and running like hell the other way). The Player overhears the sanctuary being ingulfed by flames, and the occupants of the sanctuary scream in horror and agony.

With the job done, the Player returns to Laala and Gilyan to report success. Both will be greatly impressed by the Player, and Gilyan will advance the Player to the rank of Brother.

Gilyan will also announce that he must retreat back to his personal sanctuary. He knows he is aging, and the matter of his successor needs his urgent attention. He announces that he shall leave the operation of the Tong to Bradasou and Laala. Bradasou shall handle the day to day running of the tong, While Laala will coordinate operations against the Dark Brotherhood. The player is also instructed that they shall be assisting Laala in assaulting the Brotherhood from now on.

Mephala's Dawn

Laala's first mission for the player is an attack on the Dawnstar Sanctuary. The reasoning for this is because it is still believed to contain the Night Mother (and destroying her would have severe practical and morale consequences for the Brotherhood).

Her plan is to have each member of the sanctuary eliminated one by one in their sleep. While that sounds simple enough, when the player arrives in the Dawnstar sanctuary after midnight, they will notice that only half of the sanctuary is sleeping, and the other half is on active patrol. If the Player is spotted, the entire sanctuary will be alerted to their presence. However, there is a way around it. By wearing a set of Dark brotherhood equipment (including hood), the common members of the Brotherhood will not be able to recognise the player (Babette is absent, Nazir is dead).

Either way, when the Player makes it to the Speakers quarters (which used to be the listeners room in the vanilla game), Deldyn Sadri will recognise the Player, and will be furious. She scolds the player, extensively, and comments on how it was predictable that Dawnstar would be the first sanctuary to be attacked. With that in mind, the Night Mother has been relocated (to an undisclosed location), but promises that the fight between them will be fair, and her agents will not intervene.

Not longer after the battle commences, her promise is made out to be a lie. The entire sanctuary runs to her aid and the door to her room is locked.

When the Speaker is killed, her agents will attempt to flee. But with them trapped in the room, they only become an easy target for the player (they beg repeated for their lives, and pray to Sithis etc). the player may then take the key from the Speaker, and leave the sanctuary.

When the Player reports to Laala, she will be dissappointed that the Night Mother was unable to be secured, but cannot blame the Player, and states that it was foreseeable. Regardless, she praises the player for a job well done, and advances the player to the rank of Knower.

Blood of the Hunter

After Dawnstar has been taken care of, Laala immediately informs the Player of the next target.

She has discovered that the Solitude sanctuary is naturally her next target, because it is believed that within the library holds the passphrases to the other sanctuaries. however, it is a risky move, as the Speaker for this sanctuary is known to be Sinistre, who the player will comment is a Vampire (a fact already known to Laala).

The Plan is to gain access to the sanctuary by threatening, Styrr, the Priest of Arkay who is being forced to defend the Brotherhood, enter the sanctuary, eliminate Sinistre and poison the sanctuary well with a deadly poison (treated Bittergreen extract).

Styrr proves very uncomfortable with his position in the middle of the conflict. if the player fails to threaten him, they will have the option to beat him up, which will certainly yield a reward (Styrr even gives the player the passphrase). The Player then has access to the Brotherhood Sanctuary in Solitude.

Unlike Dawnstar, the Solitude is rather relaxed. They expect to be the last to be attacked, as they are led by an ancient vampire. However, alerting the Sanctuary leads to a massive battle. When the Player makes it to the Speakers quarters, Sinistre will confront them, telling them he had smelt them enter the sanctuary, but refused to alert his agents because he relished the chance to personally deal with the Player. The following battle is tough, and the player may contract Sanguinare vampiris (and if they become a vampire, they will be shunned by the Tong). however, when the player wins, they must search the Speakers desk to find a note detailing how to access the sanctuaries, who leads them, and their plans to attack the Tong.

The Player then makes their way to poison the sanctuary well with the bittergreen extract. Like with the Db variant of the quest, the player simply leaves, and the DB agents die a scripted death.

When the player returns to laala, they are again praised, and authorisation has come through to raise the Player to the Rank of master.

Forsworn Oath

With Solitude destroyed, Laala gives the player the next Target, Markarth.

The plan is to convince the Guards to follow the Player into the sanctuary, and let them take care of the majority of the agents, while the player sneaks off into Evangeline's quarters.

Convincing a guard that there is a Dark Brotherhood sanctuary beneath their noses is the hardest part. If regular speechcraft fails, They will need to provide proof of their presence. The Player then has to speak with Thongvor Silver-Blood in the Keep. It is possible for the Player to convince Thongvor of the futility of defending the Brotherhood, as they have already lost the shrouded war, or, if he needs more convincing, make a dealwith him. the Tong will replace the Brotherhood in his deals. The Tong will refuse to kill innocents, but forsworn leaders and Imperial agents will be reasonable targets.

With the Markarth guards convinced, they will follow the player into the sanctuary, and begin the assault. The Player is then able to sneak into Evangeline's quarters.

Evangeline, unlike the other Speakers, will attempt to Seduce the player if they are a male, or offer forgiveness if they are female, while attempting to play on any guilt the Player may have for abandoning the Brotherhood. The player may simply attack her outright, or follow her plan. If they follow her, she will attack them as soon as they turn their back.

Whith Evangeline dead, and the battle won, the Player again returns to Laala, who will again congratulate them.

Rift in the Tide

With Markarth taken care of, the player will be directed to the last remaining regular sanctuary, Riften.

Laala has made a deal with Maven Black-Briar. If they eliminate a large rival of hers, she will abandon the Brotherhood and help root them out of Riften. The target is none other than Ra’Basha, the same Crime Lord targeted in the Brotherhood questline. The Quest is pretty much the same as above (so see it for details), however, instead of meeting with Ra'Basha, he will already be dead, with Umbra Mortis and a group of his men standing over his corpse.

Umbra reveals to the Player that Maven had deceived them. She had told him of the deal she made with Laala, and he responded by personally intercepting the player, and capturing Laala. He is also no fool. He has noticed the turn the conflict had taken, and had his entire sanctuary not involved in these activities moved to the grandmasters sanctuary. He then give his last monologue to the player, and enters into the battle. When the player wins, they immediatly make their way to Morthal to be received by the Entire sanctuary at grief, as Laala had been successfully kidnapped.

The Player then makes their way to Windhelm to inform Bradasou of the developments.When told there is a problem concerning Laala, he is delighted to hear his rival is in trouble. Until, of course, he is made aware of how serious the situation is. Without any leads at to where she is being taken to, he resorts to an emergency meeting of the Masters.

Revealing the Course

In the emergency meeting in the Grandmaster's Sanctuary, the whole situation is explained to the Tong Leadership. It soon becomes clear that the only possible way to determine Laala's location is to attempt to contact Mephala, in the hope that she will assist them.

Gilyan performs the ceremony to summon Mephala, and her voice fills the room. the Webspinner is disappointed with the rivalry between Bradasou and Laala, and admonishes them both for it, but also reveals the location of Laala to be in the ruins of the Falkreath sanctuary (as it is only a temporary arrangement, the PO is not aware of the activities within it).

The Player, along with the assembled masters, then rush to the former sanctuary to rescue Laala. The Battle is only minor, as she is only protected by a few agents. However, following the battle, Laala reveals that she has learnt from her captors where the Listener's Sanctuary is.

Upon returning to the Grandmaster's sanctuary, the group finds Gilyan on his deathbed, and about to announce his successor. Both Laala and Bradasou are confident they have been selected, and to their surprise, he chooses the Player (an unprecedented, but honorable decision), as such, the player is tasked with killing Gilyan with the 'Black Hands Dagger', the traditional weapon of the Morag Tong Grandmaster.

The Grand Finale

With Gilyan dead, and the Player now the MT Grandmaster, Bradasou asks the player to give his first orders at the post. The player then announces that he is launching an assault on the Listener's Sanctuary.

Outside the Listeners sanctuary, as a show of force, a large group of MT assassins (along with any recruitable members recruited) amass prepared for an attack. The Plan is, like the DB variant, to sneak into the Listeners quarters with the Masters, and kill the Listener while the Battle is commencing.

When the Player enters the Listeners chambers, they shall stand alongside the Masters, and opposing the listener, Ruccia Valeius, and her personal guard. After a heated exchange of words, the fight begins. Once the Tong is victorious, Bradasou shall speak with the Player, stating that they have won a magnificent victory in a millennium old conflict. However, it is noted that both the Night Mother and her Keeper were not present during the Battle, and have most likely fled, meaning they and any other survivors of the war will undoubtedly rebuild the Brotherhood. but this will take a long time, and the Tong has much to celebrate.

The Masters of the Tong now gather monthly in the Grandmasters sanctuary to discuss the future of the Tong, and the player has the option of choosing the following activities:

1. Consolidate power in Skyrim:
Strengthens the Tong agents in Skyrim for the month.

2. Consolidate Power in Morrowind:
Brings in More Money for the player.

3. Increase recruitment in Morrowind:
Over the next 5 months, each major sanctuary (including the players) will receive 1 elite Dunmer Assassin.

Last edited by RightHandofSithis on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:50 pm; edited 32 times in total
RightHandofSithis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Main Quests

Post  RightHandofSithis on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:28 am

I think the attacks on Windhelm/Solitude (depending on the players respective faction) would make for a good start to the assault, as they contain the libraries (containing information for either side to use) and they would be important bases. A sudden and swift assault on them would be devastating to the player's opposition.
RightHandofSithis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EPK22 on Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:34 am

I think this is sounding good.

Perhaps you will consider a slight variation on Sinistre's quest so both aren't simply "kill this NPC" type quests. Perhaps the goal is to not only eliminate the other vampire but also recover an item that was stolen, perhaps some Valtieri heirloom (a piece of gear with assassin type buffs) in which Sinistre notes that you can hold on to it for him as a reward.

I also think it's best if the enemy vampire is in a cave - out of the sunlight. The heirloom will be in a chest nearby. If you arrive during night, the enemy vampire may be awake or even out of the cave - best to come at day to catch him unaware.

For the second encounter - given we are assassins - I think the player should be given a route to successfully assassinate each of the target's Forsworn guards prior to the monologue. When entering the target's room he automatically sees you and his monologue starts. Perhaps he first calls for his guards - if the player did not kill them, they come a running and the monologue is cut short. If you did kill the guards he cowers in some way and ask why the player is here. The player would than be given options - 1) he tells him why 2) He tells him nothing saying he is here to kill him or 3) he remains silent.

If 1 is picked maybe we have him gloat before the conversion ends and the player runs him through.

EPK22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RightHandofSithis on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:50 am

Hey,
Sinistre is being troubled by a vampire hunter, not a vampire. That is why the Hunter is in the sunlight and next to a fire (to be pushed into). But the idea of retrieving an heirloom of the Valtieri family makes sense.

And I thought maybe the second encounter was expected to be alone (making him an easy target for an assassin). Maybe he was expected to rendezvous with another agent of the Silver-Blood family, and thus meeting him with bodyguards would make for a surprise (hopefully). He is actually a double agent (still unknown to the Silver-Bloods), and was expecting a knife in the back. Still, giving the player the option to either tell him why he is here, to just say he is going to kill him, or just remain silent is good.
RightHandofSithis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EPK22 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:29 am

Oops - well okay than, Vampire Hunter - that makes much more sense. The heirloom could have tipped the hunter off to Valtieri's whereabouts.

I thought you said the target was with other Forsworn, I thought those were meant to be his lackeys. Maybe I misunderstood. Perhaps you meant he is just in an area with other generic forsworn?

EPK22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RightHandofSithis on Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:55 pm

No, the target was a Forsworn, and is with more forsworn.

He is supposed to working with the Silver-Bloods as an inside agent, but he has betrayed them and now work for the forsworn.

He knows (or thinks) that the Silver-Bloods will try to have him killed. And so, he has bodyguards (more forsworn).

I thought it would add to the plot if he was expected to be alone, but turned out to have a few bodyguards, forcing the player to fight.
RightHandofSithis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EPK22 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:26 am

Ok, I got it. It all makes sense now.

EPK22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RightHandofSithis on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:39 pm

Cool.

And I'm sorry if I'm a bit hard to understand.
RightHandofSithis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SunnyDayCloud on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:24 pm

Hi guys,

are we assuming that the mt knows about the db?

another way the db could find out about the mt and infiltrate it is by having the player sent to recruit another member and happen to sneak up on the potential recruit talking to the what would appear to be a mt member. the potential recruit could either be one of the mt's recruitment targets or already be a member of the mt. depending upon how much the mt knows about the db then the play might be able to infiltrate the mt this way.

so far the main story sounds good. i think we might want to make a dialog somewhere where the player is told that just because some one says that their mark will be some where at some time dose not mean he should take them at their word and have the player encouraged to shake down the place before the mark should to be there. that way we could make some good assassination opportunities outside of what quest dialog would suggest.

for example, the players is told the mark will be at some generic cave entrance to meet some other npc's at a specific time. what the player would not be told is that if he comes early he could kill off the mark who is located not too far from the generic cave entrance making him easy to pick off while on his own. dose that make any sense?
SunnyDayCloud
Admin

View user profile http://sdbm.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  RightHandofSithis on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:48 pm

The MT would know about the DB for a few reasons. One, it is not a hidden fact that the DB has (or had) outposts all over Tamriel. Two, if you just walk around, people tell you about them. The Db would not expect the MT to make a comeback, and definitely not in Skyrim. But the MT make themselves known when they approach the player. The DB would either know about the MT when the player returns, or they would figure out if the player leaves.

I like you're opinion on assassination opportunities. Most of the assassinations in the main quest would be against the leaders of the player's rivals (they would just be in their sanctuary, and there would generally be only a limited number of ways to kill them). I have an idea to include between rebuilding sanctuaries were the player executes a former member of the DB/MT who ad disobeyed the rules (either an MT agent has been freelancing, or a DB assassin had broken one or more of the tenets).

You could include that in the Side Assassinations (I think you said you'd take them). I wanted a part of this mod to bring back the stealthy and creative murders from Oblivion.
RightHandofSithis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RightHandofSithis on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:38 pm

Next quest finished.

I' trying to get them done, but I have a horrible problem with procrastination, and an incurable Skyrim addiction.

On the topic of killing Nazir, I could only imagine murdering him with the Ebony Blade. That would please Mephala.
RightHandofSithis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SunnyDayCloud on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:27 am

Regarding making the side assassinations, i do want to do them. my problem is that i want to make them much more special then the go here kill this dude come back. but im not sure how many liberties i can take and even though i have a pretty decent idea about what can and cant be done easily through modding im not familiar enough with skyrim to know who i can kill off.

will all the side assassination targets be scripted in? or will they be already existing citizens? can i make the side assassination very close to the story line? or do they have to be mostly unrelated? for example the main story line quest when the player is sent to kill the forsworn double agent, could i make a side assassination that dabbles in the same context and have say bonus targets that would be i could craftily weave in to the story line?

off the top of my head the first method of killing some one off that idt has been done in game yet is to dress up as a more ordinary citizen and provoke some one through dialog in to attacking you some where out of sight, then running through town and let the guards kill em. for the a fore mentioned quest however i would rather enjoy getting a chance to take advantage of the great heights in Markarth and the excellent advice of the guards and enabling some gravity related accident.

Another fun thing to do in an assassination would be to kill tow birds with one stone and frame on mark for killing the other jocolor

what do you guys thing? how far can i go?
SunnyDayCloud
Admin

View user profile http://sdbm.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  RightHandofSithis on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:55 pm

The idea I had was that the Side Assassinations were not tied to the Main Quests. They are just like what Nazir gives you (But it wouldn't be necessary to complete them to advance in the questline). They are simply for fun and to get some gold moving (possibly to pay for the sanctuaries). However, I like the idea of making a few side assassinations that are related to, but not essential to the main story.

For example, we could assassinate some rivals for the Silver-Bloods, Maven Black-Briar, and the jarls to help gain their support in Skyrim. And perhaps even take jobs from governments in the other Provinces, such as Hammerfell, Black Marsh and even the Thalmor (like taking out dissidents hiding in Skyrim).

Some ideas to make it more interesting would be to kill them in specified and unique ways, have different ways they could be killed (Some possible unique) and have high priority figures (heirs of Jarls, Imperial/Thalmor executives), or seeing as a war is on, we could be asked to kill some leaders of the warring parties. Oblivon DB was hailed for it's variety in assassinations, and it's uniwue ways to kill people. This is severely lacking in Skyrim, and I was hoping you would be able to try and bring i back a bit.

I'd imagine these characters would be new. Simply so we don't interrupt any questlines and we know they are not essential.

However, if you are thinking of making an existing character a part of anything, the UESPWiki has a good number of pages on NPC, detailing if they are essential, if they are a follower, if the are involved with any quests etc.
RightHandofSithis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EPK22 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:06 pm

Sunny, I like where you are going with these - using the "gravity" in Markarth sounds splendid. The quest giver might even state to the player that you shadow the target for a while so you can make it look like an accident.

Another could be to poison food or drink. It would need to be scripted so that an item is poisonable and it would probable require a unique instant kill poison.

As for as using current NPCs, I agree with Sithis. However, some situations might call for specifically using a new NPC, like if there are any interactions with the target - voice acting could be done for them as opposed to trying to match and existing NPC's voice.

EPK22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RightHandofSithis on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:46 pm

One of the quests we need to bring back from Oblivion is "Whodunit". Hailed as one of the best quests in the game.

For anyone unaware of this quest, essentially the player is locked in a house with 4-5 other NPCs. The NPCs are all looking for something (like this is a challenge), and have agreed to be locked in the house until they have found the prize.

However, there is no prize, and the player must kill them all secretly, and then leave (they are given the key to the house in advance). As each NPC is killed, the others have new dialogue options. Some are afraid, some are looking for the killer, and some think it's simply competition.

Ah good times.
RightHandofSithis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RightHandofSithis on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:55 pm

Hey Guys,

Just letting yo know, I just did the first quest to rebuild a sanctuary for the Dark Brotherhood.

RightHandofSithis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RightHandofSithis on Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:30 pm

Another few quests completed.
RightHandofSithis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dovahreid on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:31 am

hi im new and so sorry if intruding but i love the quests so far...just wondered how many you were planning to do and this is pure coincidence but just the other day i had similar discussion on skyrim blog Very Happy . So i was just wondering if any help was needed in any way?

dovahreid

View user profile http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/profile/dovahreid

Back to top Go down

Post  RightHandofSithis on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:26 pm

G'day.

It's nice to see someone interested in the mod.

It would be good if you can help in any way. We really need modders (anyone who can model, create new places in the Construction Kit etc). You could do some voice acting (See the appropriate page, it's on the main page). If you want to help with story writing, there is a page dedicated to that (on the main page). That page has a list of what we need done as afar as story writing goes. I'm organising storywriting. If there is anything else you can do, please tell me.

As far as quests are going, I have a page titled 'Questlines' under 'General Discussion'. That's a quick run down of the quests, and in what order they flow.

And for seeing this being discussed on another forum, if you could post on said discussion that we could use more people to help (Mainly modders), I'd really appriciate it.
RightHandofSithis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RightHandofSithis on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:01 pm

Last of the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary building quests completed. Now I'm up to destroying the Morag Tong.

I personally think I've done a good job on the 'Kingpin' Quest.
RightHandofSithis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RightHandofSithis on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:00 pm

Destroying the Morag Tong nearly finished. Now I just have to find time to do the last quest.

Then I need to do the Morag Tong Quests. That should just be the same basic structure.
RightHandofSithis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Styrr

Post  NightStalker13 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:41 am

You can't kill Styrr for the solitude sanctuary. He's needed for a quest.
NightStalker13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RightHandofSithis on Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:38 pm

Thank you for reminding me.
RightHandofSithis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RightHandofSithis on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:09 pm

Well, for the first time in a while, I've completed another quest.

Just thought I'd make it known.
RightHandofSithis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  RightHandofSithis on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:52 pm

FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

I think... Laughing
RightHandofSithis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top